Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hello there

This is my 5th year teaching elementary.  Initially we were departmentalized and I only taught reading.  The next year I taught reading and writing.  Now we teach all subjects.  It was like I was a new teacher every year!  I'm glad that is over, but I am still learning how to be a better teacher every year.

I am working towards my master's degree and want to earn a reading specialists degree as well.  I do not know how I feel about doctorate.  It scares me when I think about it....

I have two children and an unruly rotty mix.  The three of them are constantly fighting-even the dog chases them around the house.  At any given moment chaos can and will break loose!

I am very much looking forward to this class.

LaVonna

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Lavonna!

    I am so happy to have you here. It sounds like you have a very diverse background with many experiences which I know will enrich all of our learning. I look forward to your perspectives and getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete